Friday, November 5, 2010
Tough like whale meat
My first girlfriend was two years older than me, and we met on a train to Los Angeles. The ticket cost half of my graduation money. I wanted something big from that ride, and then Andi sat beside me. She had pink hair--which even at the start annoyed me. The relationship only lasted three weeks. We were both about to be strangers in a huge city, so we kissed after all the other passengers fell asleep and met each other for dinner every night the first week after arriving. Then she cooked, always chicken and boiled, tough like whale meat. Our apartments were equally small but half an hour apart. I'm embarrassed that I can't remember much else about Andi. She cried a lot, and by the time I told her I think we should see other people brown roots had appeared in her hair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment